Here at EBSC we have our coaches focus on Personal Development to become their best as coaches and to better serve our clients. Personally I use Audible so I can listen to books when on the go or doing mundane tasks. It’s important that we work our minds just as much as we work our bodies. Here are some of the things that ended up on my wall over the past months. They are lessons and ideas that I have learned through experience, reading, interviewing others and just paying attention to my thoughts. When struggles come up the answer or comfort can be found in taking a look at these ideas/lessons that I have come across. Here is the list that is continually growing:
1. Count Your Blessings- remind yourself often to be grateful for what you have. It’s easy to take our lives for granted until we lose what didn’t seem important.
2. Lead With A Positive- there is so much negative in the world. Complain less and start conversations with a positive aspect of the day or in your life.
3. Do Not Judge Others- you have no idea what someone else is going through and dealing with in life.
4. Fear Isn’t Always Real- many times what we are anxious, stressed or scared of isn’t really there or true. Ask yourself if the fear you feel is true, if it really exists, or are you thinking too much.
5. Focus On Your Situation, Not Others, There Is No Reason for Comparison- someone will always be better off than you and someone will always have it harder and be in a worse place. Focus on what you need to do to improve and make your life better.
6. Be Careful What You Wish For- many times we wish and hope for things to happen in our lives but have not earned them or are not ready to handle the responsibility of having them.
7. Do Not Be Lazy- not doing something you know has to be done is being lazy. Avoiding your gut feeling and inner voice is being lazy. Taking short cuts is being lazy. Put your time in.
8. Practice Humility- bragging and arrogance are sure-fire paths to struggles. Attempt to remain at an even keel when things are going great, always remember there is more work to be done. If you want to keep your confidence up and remain positive keep making further progress.
9. Do Not Take Things Personally- it can be easy to make everything about you. Stuff happens, its not always your fault. When dealing with other people you must understand that they have a lot going on in their lives. So when someone flips out or acts negatively towards you, do not always assume it had something to do with you. More often then not it has everything to do what is going on in their own life.